If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
**U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
How to Join / Renew
You may join or renew your membership in many ways.
- During a visit to the Post, ask to speak to one of the Membership Co-Chairmen, Ed Bruce or George Grindstaff, or see any of the Social Quarters staff for an application. We can process all types of payments in the social quarters. You may call the post (770-427-5900) and leave a message for Ed or George, or email them directly at membership @ post29marietta.org.
- Renew or apply right now with our Online Form.
- Download and complete a paper application. Click here for a Membership Form. Return the form along with your payment to the address on the form.
- Renew on the American Legion National website. Click this link and follow the instructions. The Legion site does accept credit cards.
- If you are an existing member, the American Legion will mail you a renewal form starting in July of each year. These renewal notices are automatically generated from National in July, October, January, March, and May until they process your renewal.