Hello everyone. We are pleased to provide important updates about our Post. Please read carefully.
The Social Quarters currently has reduced hours of operation. Saturday through Thursday, the SQ is open for one shift, from 11AM-7PM. Fridays we will be open 11AM-10PM. Sundays we are open for one shift, from 12pm-7pm.
As you know, our Post is subject to certain rules and regulations, from the city, county, and the state of Georgia, regarding operations during this COVID pandemic. We will abide by all of these rules, and we will require all members and guests to do the same while on the premises. The rules are too significant to list here, but they are posted in the Social Quarters. We do want to highlight a few significant items:
- Many of our usual activities will be prohibited. No Queen of Hearts or bar bingo will take place initially. We hope to restore these activities soon, and we will update you when they are allowed. In September we will have live music every Friday from 7-10PM. However, there will no dancing until and unless the Governor relaxes the social distancing requirements.
- No outside food or drinks will be allowed. The SQ will have most of our usual offerings, but we will modify how food and drinks are served to ensure we meet all cleanliness guidelines. In addition, the various Post meals (SAL breakfasts, monthly dinners) will not yet return.
- SQ staff will wear masks when near customers, and we encourage all members and guests to wear masks when near others. You may bring your own, and we will have some to distribute as well.
- Bar service will take place in designated areas at the bar. The staff will not provide table service. If you need assistance, let us know. There are restrictions on how many people may sit together (6 max, 6 feet between tables), and there are restrictions related to the bar. All patrons must have a seat. There is no loitering around the bar.
- The post will be open to our members, members of other posts, and guests of our members. Effective September 1st, the requirement to sign the Ledger will be relaxed to only guests and visitors. Also, our maximum capacity is significantly reduced by state regulations. The Junior Vice Commander for the SQ will be responsible for limiting access, should that become necessary to remain within the regulations.
- Whenever possible, we ask that members enter the SQ via the main (key card) entrance and leave via the deck.
Members and guests have been very good about following these guidelines. We appreciate you very much. We are excited to welcome you back to Post 29!
Post 29 Executive Committee