Hello everyone. We are pleased to provide important updates about our Post. Please read carefully.
The Legion Executive Committee held its monthly meeting on June 18th. After much deliberation, the EC voted to reopen the Post on July 1, 2020. We look forward to seeing all of you again!
As you know, our Post is subject to certain rules and regulations, from the city, county, and the state of Georgia, regarding operations during this COVID pandemic. We will abide by all of these rules, and we will require all members and guests to do the same while on the premises. The rules are too significant to list here, but we do want to highlight a few significant changes you will notice once we reopen:
- We will reopen with full, normal hours for the Social Quarters. However, we will modify those hours if appropriate
- Many of our usual activities will be prohibited. No Queen of Hearts, poker, card games, bands, or bar bingo will take place initially. We hope to restore these activities soon, and we will update you when they are allowed.
- No outside food or drinks will be allowed. The SQ will have most of our usual offerings, but we will modify how food and drinks are served to ensure we meet all cleanliness guidelines. In addition, the various Post meals (SAL breakfasts, monthly dinners) will not yet return.
- SQ staff will wear masks when near customers, and we encourage all members and guests to wear masks when near others. You may bring your own, and we will have some to distribute as well.
- Bar service will take place in designated areas at the bar. The staff will not provide table service. If you need assistance, let us know. There are no restrictions on how many people may sit together, but there are restrictions related to the bar. All patrons must have a seat. There is no loitering around the bar.
- The post will be open to our members, members of other posts, and guests of our members. However, we are going to ask everyone to sign the ledger, not just guests. This will help us with tracking and notification if anyone becomes sick. Also, our maximum capacity is significantly reduced by state regulations. The Junior Vice Commander for the SQ will be responsible for limiting access, should that become necessary to remain within the regulations.
- Whenever possible, we ask that members enter the SQ via the main (key card) entrance and leave via the deck.
Our efforts are focused on opening the SQ on July 1st. Once the SQ is open and operating fully, we’ll turn toward cleaning and opening the main hall upstairs. Thus, there will not be an in-person monthly meeting for July. We are hoping to resume monthly meetings in August.
We appreciate your patience, and we are excited to welcome you back to Post 29!
Post 29 Executive Committee