Due to the surging Covid cases, which are impacting our membership, our staff, and the staff of our caterer, we are cancelling the NYE Party in the Social Quarters.
We are disappointed to have to do this, but it is in the best interest of our members and staff.
For now, we plan to have the SQ open normal hours on Friday, 12/31, but there will not be food or live music.
Thank you for your understanding.
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas or Holiday. We are happy to welcome you back to the Social Quarters, but please note that the Omicron variant of Covid is surging in our area. Here are some important reminders:
- We are following all federal, state, and local regulations.
- We can and will refuse to allow entry to anyone showing symptoms of Covid. Our members are a vulnerable group, and we take their health and safety very seriously.
- If you are exposed, you should quarantine. If you have symptoms, you should isolate. Current CDC guidelines on testing and quarantine are here.
- Please continue to practice good hygiene. Keep a safe distance from others, and wear a mask where appropriate.
- Covid can disrupt our plans very quickly. If staff become sick, or if guidelines change, we may have to adjust our hours of operation on short notice. Large events may be cancelled. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Our annual Christmas Party returns Saturday December 18th from 6-10 PM.
We’ll provide a few dishes and we encourage others to bring sides, potluck style.
We’ve already decorated. We’ll add some holiday music and other cheer. You’ll probably want to wear your ugliest holiday sweater.
We are collecting new unwrapped toys to support the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.
You may bring gifts for kids of any age, but gifts for teenagers are in short supply.
We are accepting gifts through December 19th.
As an added incentive, if you bring a gift to the SQ, we will give you ONE free raffle ticket for the Tuesday drawing. See your bartender to collect.
The Auxiliary will have their annual cookie bake sale next Saturday, December 18th during the SAL breakfast from 8 to 11 am. Boxes will be sold for $8.00 each. If you have cookies to donate for this sale please bring to the Social Quarters from 4-5pm Friday afternoon. We also need assistance with packaging cookies in boxes for the sale.
Wreaths will be placed at Marietta National Cemetery on Saturday Dec 18th and we need volunteers to help place the wreaths on grave sites. They have over 10,000 wreaths to distribute; the cemetery has over 19,000 graves but donations came up short this year so many graves will not get a wreath. There will be a ceremony at Noon followed by the wreath placements. This event will occur rain or shine. We also need about 6 pickup trucks to move the boxes of wreaths to the different sections of the cemetery. We need the trucks in the cemetery at 11AM. If you can help with a pickup truck contact Bill Beaudin 678-485-0866.If you are attending at noon to help, please park at the bank across from the cemetery or at the library on Roswell Rd.
There will be SAL breakfast at Post 29 that morning from 8-11 so you can eat and then help at the cemetery.
Our Chili Cookoff will be this Saturday in the Social Quarters. Participants should have their entry ready to serve by 2PM.
We’ll vote on a winner, then settle in for the Army – Navy game at 3PM.