We will be having a Post 29 General Meeting on March 4th. The Meeting will be starting at 6pm, since we will not be having a dinner prior and will be held in our Large Hall. We will be following all our COVID guidelines to insure our Member’s safety! Hope to see you at the Meeting!
The Auxiliary Executive Committee will meet Tuesday February 23rd at 5:30pm.
The American Legion website has a good article explaining the VA’s staggered program for COVID19 vaccinations for veterans.
The Social Quarters is our hub of activity at Post 29. We enjoy hosting post members and guests, and we appreciate your business.
Since we have many new members, and as a reminder for our regulars, there are House Rules enforced in the Social Quarters.
These rules are posted in the SQ, and we have an entire book of the rules and policies. These are kept in the podium where the Guest Log is displayed. Below the Guest Log, on the lower shelf, is our book of House Rules and other policies. Please read them and familiarize yourself with them.
Here are a couple quick highlights:
- We have a dress code. It’s posted outside the entrance to the SQ.
- The SQ is closed to the public. A current ID card is required to enter. Guests may enter with a current member for a limited number of visits.
- The bartender controls access to the SQ. Only the bartender or a Legion Officer should allow someone without a door card to enter.
- During COVID19 we are asking all entrants, not only guests, to sign our registry.
- We are operating at reduced hours during COVID19. Standard closing time is 7PM. The bartender has discretion, but often makes last call 15 minutes before closing.
If you have any questions, you may ask the SQ Managers Teresa Myer or Junior Vice Commander Russ Wood. If neither are available, the bartender on duty or any Legion Officer present may assist you.
The Legion Executive Committee will meet at 5:30PM on Thursday, February 25th. We will meet in the small hall upstairs.
The SAL is having its monthly meeting Tues. Night 2/23 at 5:30 pm in the small hall at the post. This will be an important meeting as we have many issues to discuss about the business of the SAL going forward. Also we have two guests from the legion’s investment committee that will be there to discuss the best use of our funds in our investment account. Please try to attend.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Sons of the American Legion !
Commander – Squadron 29
Sons of the American Legion
Horace Orr Post 29 of the American Legion
770 331 5580
Monthly meeting for the riders is Saturday, February 20th at 11AM. What a busy day. Join us and ride on our success!